Wednesday 28 March 2012

First round of chemotherapy for Bella. Go Bella!

Bella started Chemotherapy on Monday. She spent the day at the clinic while they infused Doxorubucin. I picked her up mid day but must have driven over a whole bunch of industrial staples as I had about 50 in my tire when I arrived at the clinic. Needless to say we spent a few extra hours at the clinic while the tire was changed.
We were told the side effects of chemotherapy would not have any effects until at least 24 hours post. We are now two days out and you wouldn't even know Bella had it administered. She is almost better now then before. I think a lot has to do with her daddy and brother coming back from Fort McMurray.
The trickiest part is the fact that I am pregnant and I am not allowed to have any contact with Bella or her excrement for at least 48 hours post chemotherapy. Should be some interesting times when her daddy is not here.
Tonight Bella will go visit the pool to prepare her for her first aqua therapy class. We are so excited for her wound to fully heal and to get her in the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment